Lack of recycling infrastructure and environmental awareness in Cagliari.-

///Lack of recycling infrastructure and environmental awareness in Cagliari.-
Lack of recycling infrastructure and environmental awareness in Cagliari.- 2015-04-08T15:28:29+00:00

HomeForumsInteractRaise a Problem, Get an AnswerLack of recycling infrastructure and environmental awareness in Cagliari.-

• Author
    Participant
    #5567 |

I am living in Cagliari since last year and I have noticed that in some neighborhoods there are not containers to recycle the garbage in a proper way. Sometimes you can find just organic waste ones and a general waste, sometimes just a general one.

Moreover, most of the times you will find that there is not a correct disposition of the garbage on them, this shows a lack of environmental awareness in the community.

I think that is needed not just a proper disposition of containers in all the city but a strong campaign in order to raise the awareness of the importance of recycling among the citizenship.

Do anyone has an idea?

• Vanessa
    Participant

Yes, I definitively think you are right. Cagliari doesn’t have enough separated containers for residues, and as I can see it, the population has some idea about waste separation, but doesn’t care very much about it.

I think the local legislation should contemplate some kind of penalization for not respecting this vital aspect of a sustainable development, and also should promote the inclusion of topics related with conservationism and ecology inside the school pensum.

On the other hand, I believe that the organizations related with the topic an be a fundamental part of this change, acting as tools of awareness and formation, and putting pressure on local authorities to obtain positive changes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.